Friday, May 22, 2009


Have you ever seen a Columbine seed? They are tiny, about the size of a poppy seed. A dear friend, Nancy that I used to work with me gave these seeds to me when we lived at our previous home. I had them growing out back near the deck. Just before we sold the house the columbine went to seed so Paige and I collected some to take to our new house. Well we moved and the envelope full of seeds got stashed in a box. A box that sat in the basement for at least 5 years. I found the seeds in the fall of 2007 and I went ahead and planted them. I figured I could throw them in the trash or I could throw them in the flower bed. I had also scattered some purchased seeds. So far I have a bunch of purple, a few pale pinks and this one dark one from the seeds that we collected. Nancy if you happen to read this I hope it makes you smile :) . I think of you often and now I have a little piece of your garden blooming in mine (again).

1 comment:

LAC said...

I never realized how many varieties of columbine there were. We have some wild in the area, but they are purple. And last year I planted some, they came up purple this year.