Thursday, February 22, 2007


Big Blues!


I made some big blueberry muffins a batch last night and a batch this a.m. I only have one pan, and I like the pan to be cool when I put the batter in. I will share the recipe but first you have to take the pledge....Put your right hand in the air and repeat these words....

I promise to only make the big blueberry muffins with fresh blueberries....NEVER frozen!


Got this recipe years and years ago from the last page of "Glamour " magazine...sounds baizzar but it is true.


BIG BLUEBERRY MUFFINS

2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup (1 full stick) butter softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/3 cup milk
1 cup FRESH not Frozen blueberries.


Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Combine flour and baking powder in medium bowl and set aside. In a large bowl cream butter and sugar, add eggs and milk and mix well. Add flour mixture and mix in...it will be thick like brownie batter. Add FRESH blueberries and mix in without crushing the berries. Lightly spray the insides of a 6 cup Large muffin tin, place batter inside and sprinkle tops with sugar. Place in oven...I turn the oven off and after 5 mins. I turn back on but turn the temp. down to 375 degrees and bake another 25 to 30 minutes.

ENJOY!
Before.....
and after....YUM-O!

1 comment:

JustMeShann said...

These look so good that I can smell them!!! I guess I will be picking up some blue berries on the way home from the dentist today so that I can make some glamoras muffins... Love ya Sis