Monday, March 05, 2007


Last night the Anderson's had an employee dinner for us it was just the employees...no family which was fine with me since it did not start until after 7 when the store closed. We were celebrating having sales over a million dollars for 2006...the first time ever. I sat with my friends Tesha, Betty and Peg and even Dan Anderson himself sat with us. He is a real nice guy, he is my favorite Anderson. The food was awesome....prime rib, grilled chicken, rolls, salad, veggies, baked potatoes it was perfect. They also had lots of desserts but I passed on them.

After dinner they had a floor show....my supervisor Jody wrote a song about working at Anderson's to the tune of the Village Peoples "Y.M.C.A." then she had some of the guys that we work with in the Village Ptople costumes on stage dancing. The best one was Gus, he was the Indian and he had made a loin cloth from a Anderson's brown bag...he had his pants on of course.

After the entertainment they had door prizes. But instead of just reading off the tickets we played "Let's Make a Deal". If they called your number you could choose the prize behind the curtain, in the box or you could take a prize that someone else already picked. When they called my number I picked the curtain and got a big ol bag of grass seed. There were some other goofy prizes to and some good ones mixed in. Then after they gave away all the prizes they told us if your prize has an orange sticker with a number on it you would get another prize to go with it. So all the folks that got a goofy prize then got something good like a c.d. player, mp 3 player, gift cards etc. I got an electric hedge trimmer...original price was $40.00 so I think I made out. I just noticed that the grass seed says "REBEL" on it...so that is funny...the way Rebel digs we may just need all that grass seed come Spring!

1 comment:

Callie Ann said...

that is pretty funny. So that really is rebels grass. what a hoot