Thursday, March 08, 2007

Ouch!


The one day I wish the kids had a 2 hour delay because of the weather and they didn't. When I went out with the dogs yesterday morning and saw the snow coming down and the street all covered I was sure that the schools would be on 2 hour delay. But when I checked the web site that was not the case. I had to go to school with Megan since yesterday was her class field trip to Franklin Park Conservatory. On the way down our street I was stopping/sliding to the stop sign and another car was attempting to turn onto our street...they were slipping and sliding so bad they decided to go straight instead of turn. It all happened in slow motion....I was almost stopped and turning my wheel to avoid sliding into the side of her car when my front passenger side bumper hit her rear passenger side bumper. The kids were fine...but Paige was annoyed and worried about being late since they have state testing all this week. When I called the school Sally said not to worry they were still waiting for a bunch of school buses . So the kids were not even marked tardy. I can't believe that the salt trucks or plows had not been by our street. When we got out of our cars to exchange information we both nearly fell on our butts the road was that slippery. But at least it is fixable and no one got hurt.

No comments: