Thursday, July 19, 2007

Over the next few days I am going to post some photos from June and early July that I did not get a chance to post because of vacation and birthdays and lack of time. So here we go!Rebel at 9 months modeling the latest in doggie life vest fashions. I needed to get Rebel a life vest since we have one for Rowdy. I prefer them to wear them when we take them out on Jim and Barb's boat and when we take them canoing. I had a coupon for a local pet store so I went there first, the only ones they had cost $50.00, oh my gosh! So I ended up looking at Anderson's (should have gone there first) and they had these for $15.00, plus my discount. Since we got Rowdy's original life vest they have changed the style a bit. I prefer the one we already have for Rowdy. It is much easier to get on and off and it has a little metal ring to attach their leash to. This one has leg holes to put their paws through...whoever thought that up has never tried to convince a puppy to put his leg in a nylon mesh hole. Then after you get the legs in you have to zip it up their back. So by the time you are done the dog feels like he is being punished but for what? Our original life vest has a padded neck hole that slips easily over their head then it has adjustable straps that go under the dogs chest and midsection, they just clip like the clips on their collars, plus it has that loop for the leash and two handles so you can lift them like a six pack out of the water. It is a much better design.

I actually had Rowdy wear the new vest and Rebel got the old one since it was easier to put on him and we don't need to leash Rowdy because he stays close by. I am happy to report that Rebel did not get sick in the boat (my prayers that I sent up must have worked). He also loves the water. He would swim out to us in the lake and paddle around for the fun of it. Unlike Rowdy who if you take him out to the "deep" water he immediately swims for shore. Rebel also liked to jump the waves coming in and to put his entire face (including his eyes) underwater to try and grab stones. It probably helped that the water in Lake Lanier was so warm too. But he really had a fun time and he wore himself out. Crazy pooch!

No comments: