Friday, February 27, 2009


This is my newest masterpiece....it is a "Mexican Nicho" made by my very talented daughter Megan.


She made it in her art class at school. She was so excited to give it to me and I was thrilled to receive such a beautiful one of a kind piece of art. After she gave it to me she said "I'm sorry that I forgot to make you wearing your glasses." So I told her I didn't wear my glasses in my wedding pictures so we can pretend it's me on my wedding day. That seemed to be okay with her....and I love it glasses or no glasses.

Now a little art education: In Mexican and South American cultures, small decorated boxes called "Nichos" are commonly found in homes and public places, displayed on walls or pedestals. Made from wood or tin and often painted with bright colors, they provide a stage-like setting for an object or collection of objects that have great significance. Most commonly functioning as an altar for a religious icon, a Nicho can also serve as a memorial to a loved one or as a reminder of an important event.

1 comment:

JustMeShann said...

I love it!!! Great job Megan!!! Your girls or should I say my nieces do the best art work!
I miss you too! to the moon and back, always/always
Love ya Shann