Sunday, April 20, 2008

My post for Friday 4-18-08


We saved a turtle today
.


The girls had the day off of school today so we were headed off on some errands and a movie. I was driving down the road thinking about the stuff we needed to do (drop books at library, deposit check at bank etc.) and I notice something on the road but it is too late to slam the brakes on. I looked in the rear view mirror and the rock I thought I saw has a head poking up. So I turned the car around and parked on the side of the road. Luckily it is a road that is not very busy. But of course a big white Suburban was coming so I waved the driver down so she would stop. She was nice and stopped so I could rescue the little turtle out of the road. I picked him up and jumped over a muddy ditch and placed in the the sun in someones yard. Then I thought I should grab the camera and take a picture. First thing Paige said "Is that going to be your picture of the day?"

Bingo...here it is. After I saved his/her life the darn turtle refused to poke it's head back out.

1 comment:

JustMeShann said...

Ahhhhhhhh... You saved his little life!!! I would have done the same thing... I sure am glad you didn't hit him... You will have good turtle carma coming your way! Love ya Sis