Thursday, November 01, 2007

My post for Wed. 10-31-07


Happy Halloween Screams to you from our crazy gang of monster dads and ghoulish moms in our Haunted House at the Dead End. This is what Mike and I did on Tuesday and Wednesday night for fun. We haunted at our neighborhoods 3rd annual haunted house. Admission is free but we have the fire fighters on hand taking donations for "Fire Fighters 4 Kids". On Tuesday night our neighbor lady Miss. Linda stayed with the girls and they watched the Charlie Brown specials on t.v. she also brought them down but only Paige went through the haunted house. She was pretty funny/brave. Of course we would tone it down when the kids came through. Miss. Cindy and her mom work the front door and they announce when we have "small spirits" entering the house.

Last night before I took the girls trick or treating we went down and I let Megan go through with me before all the monsters came to open the house. So she got to be brave and see the inside too, just without all the extra monsters. When we got done with trick or treating the girls went to Miss. Becky's house in the cul de sac and played with her kids and watched Disney.
The haunted house took 4 days to fully build and decorate. It had a wood facade and there were 6 single car carport tents behind it about 1300 sq. feet of space. They build walls with black plastic sheeting so it is pretty cool. My room was the baby room below. They outfitted this old crib with a hinged bottom so I could pop up. It was an awesome workout for my legs, squatting under a crib for 4 hours. I also had a skull sitting on the head that has a microphone hooked up to it and I could talk into it and the skull's eyes would light up red and the jaw would move. I was saying "mommy help me there's a monster under my bed" in a tiny voice and then when they were almost past my crib I would pop up and roar at them. The funnest ones to scare were the fire fighters, ya know your good when you make a big fire fighter jump back.
Here is Mike as Dracula in the coffin in his room. The second night he stood against the black wall with his cape over his face. People would be looking in the coffin and standing right in front of him but not know it until he would open his cape and spook them. It was too funny. He really got our friend Deb good when she went through.

1 comment:

JustMeShann said...

I was waiting for these pictures and was going to be disapointed if you didn't post some... I love it and would have loved the creating let alone the spooking... How fun is that! Very Cool! Mike makes the best vampire and you look pretty darn spooky too! Glad it all turned out, looks like lots of memories... Love ya Shann