Friday, December 05, 2008

My post for Thursday, 12-04-08
Yesterday was "my turkey day"

Yesterday was nonstop...got the kids up and ready for school, then I was off to work. After work I bought the foam insulation tubes that Mike had requested for our water pipes. Then it was home to feed the dogs and take them out. I prepped a turkey breast and popped it in the oven around 3 p.m. I also called and talked to my dad, we had a nice chat. I got a load of laundry in before the kids got off the bus at 3:45. Then it was homework and cooking and unpacking some Christmas decorations and books. Mike got home around 6 just as I was getting the potatoes mashed and the broccoli cooked. It was a yummy dinner. I used this new spice blend from Penzeys Spices called "mural of flavor". It is salt free and has lots of yummy flavor including shallot, onion, garlic, lemon peel, and orange peel. It gave the turkey a wonderful aroma and flavor. I also put some garlic and shallots down inside the bird. Mike seemed to really enjoy the turkey and even commented on the good flavor.
Since the girls are not big turkey fans, they ate grilled cheese, broccoli and pears with no complaints! They don't know what theyr'e missing..oh well more turkey for us!

Paige at the kitchen table doing homework.




Megan and Rebel sharing a blanket and watching Disney's "Cars" on t.v.


No comments: