Monday, October 27, 2008

It's Halloween week!
We started the festivities last night with a visit to "Boo At the Zoo". It was the last night of "Boo At the Zoo" so it was now or never. Somehow this year the weekends just zoomed by and we almost missed it. Paige was exhausted from a sleepover/birthday party at her best friend Brittany's. They usually get a good nights sleep when they are together but there were two other girls so sleep was hard to come by. I picked her up on our way to the dance studio for "nutty" practice. When we returned home at 3:30 she ate an English muffin then went up to her room. When I suggested she take a nap she tried to argue but it was a losing battle. As soon as she put her head on the pillow she was out. I let her sleep for two hours. I almost considered just taking Megan to the zoo but I didn't think that would go over very well. When I woke her up I think she almost considered staying home but in the end she put on her costume grabbed her treat bag and we headed to the zoo for a whole hour and a half. Luckily we live close by so that makes it easier.


Here is Paige in her "Mad Scientist" costume. We bought the lab coat at Andersons in the work wear area. I had the wig from last year and we took the plastic test tubes from Megan's wizard kit and we put glow sticks in them. She got an awful lot of compliments on her wig and cool costume. I think we still need to add a name badge, any suggestions?

Megan insisted on being something "spooky" this year. This from the child who will not go into the den because Mike has a skeleton ghost in there ( a plastic skull with some torn up cheese cloth on it) for his haunted house room. But here she is in her fifteen dollar CVS Spider Queen get up. Do you like my handiwork with the eye liner pencil? I told her if it is cold on Halloween I will have her wear a black long sleeve t shirt of Paige's underneath. I forgot about it until after she already had the purple striped turtle neck on. Oh well at least she didn't have to wear her coat on top.

Are you spooked?
The mad scientist is pretty good with the light up yo-yo one of the cooler things they got at "Boo at the Zoo".

No comments: