Saturday, October 25, 2008

My post for Thursday 10-23-08 "5th Grade Biz Day"
Sorry folks, but I have a perfectly good explanation for not posting for the past few days. I was busy slaving away in the kitchen for Paige's "fifth grade biz day" as in business day. Since the first week of school the kids have been "earning" play money. They get "paid" fifty bucks a week, but if they do not turn their homework in they have to pay a fine. Well at the end of the quarter they have "biz day" where they bring in their homemade items to sale. They "rent" their booth (desk) for $35.00 or they can partner up for $20.00 each, but then they split the profits too.

So I was helping Paige prepare her wares for "biz day" all day Thursday. I dipped two bags of pretzels and fancied them up with sprinkles.

I made 5 bags of chocolate seashells. These were so simple...put candy melts in microwave, spoon into molds, pop in freezer, turn upside down and presto...fancy chocolate sea shells!
Four loaves with printed recipes of my infamous banana bread, I don't even need the recipe...it is committed to memory.

We (yes Paige helped with these) made three different types of dog treats. I have some recipes from the "Three Dog Bakery Recipe Book". They were pretty easy, oh and Rowdy and Rebel love being the taste testers!

So that is why I have been away...too busy mixing, dipping and making cute little tags (did you notice the cute little tags?) to be blogging.

1 comment:

JustMeShann said...

You out did yourself! These turned out Awesome! Paige is a lucky girl to have you for a Mom! I am impressed Sis, this all made me smile:)
I love you to the moon and back, Shann