Thursday, January 04, 2007

Megan and I baked banana bread this morning after breakfast. I have this recipe memorized because I have been baking it for so many years. The recipe is from a "Sunset Ideas and Recipes for Breakfast and Brunch", copyright 1982. It has a sale sticker on it for a buck ninety eight...best two bucks I ever spent. Everyone loves this recipe...it is easy...plus the bread is moist and tasty. I used to add chopped pecans but then Paige decidec she does not like nuts in her bread...so fon now my b. bread has no nuts.

Moist Banana Bread

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon each salt and baking soda
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (I just use 3 medium or 4 small bananas)
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
plus I add a dash of pure vanilla extract (our secret ingredient)

Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl and set aside to cool. In a large bowl mash bananas and sugar, add vanilla and egg and stir to combine.
In another bowl combine flour, salt and baking soda.
Add butter to banana mixture then add flour mixture..and mix just until moistened. Pour batter into greased loaf pan. You can make one large regular loaf or 4 mini loaves.

Bake at 325 degrees for about 45 to 55 mins. Until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes then turn out onto rack to cool completely before slicing.

ENJOY!

2 comments:

JustMeShann said...

Mmmmmmm, bet the house smells soooooo GOOD! I will have to make some for Steve... Thanks for the recipe, Love ya to the moon and back... Always/Always Shann

Anonymous said...

Okay Brandi, I will give that recipe a whirl. I better get some nanner's.