Saturday, August 08, 2009


Happy 93rd Birthday to my Grandma Marguerite Esther Baker Reil Souza. She's the woman I aspire to be. In her hey day she baked the best pies (my fave is banana cream), she hunted and fished (while wearing red nail polish), she drove to Alaska by herself in a big white Ford pick up with a camper that had purple and turqoise blue interior (back in the early 70's), she broke her leg in her 50's riding a dirt bike, she has grown every type of flower and vegetable known to man (she's a genius in the garden). She has an incredible memory and she has lived a rich full life. She has taught me so much about living life! Sometimes I wonder if my memory is good because I inherited it from her, or if my memory is good because I have great times to remember!

1 comment:

LAC said...

Happy birthday to her!!! I would love to be a woman like that. So well rounded and you can tell so much fun.

Hope she had a great day!