Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A fun little gift handmade by mom is always nice.

Don't forget you can double click on the photos to enlarge.
I whipped this little handbag/box up for Paige's birthday yesterday. Really I made it yesterday! I didn't mean to wait until the last minute but I kept putting it off because I was not sure what colors or papers I wanted to use. I ended up using this paper that I had in a kit and it worked perfectly. It is a nice blend of blues, greens, orange, peach and a hint of pink. It is not too bright and not too pale. Plus Paige really likes it a lot and that's what matters the most.
This is the back side. I told Paige it would be a good place to store her "Bella Sara" horse trading cards. I may make her some matching little tins that she can put inside to place the cards in. She could keep her "Webkinz" trading cards in it too.
This is the right side....
and this it the left side. I hope I didn't get carried away with the glitter and sparkle.
Here is the top view. It says Imagine under all that frilly ribbon. I loved those rub ons that I used, they were just the ticket. The new rub on tool that my sister got me worked great..no more popsicle sticks for me.
P.S. could you tell that I had a "glue explosion" in the middle of making this project? I was squeezing out the glue to put the pink paper on the top of the lid when the stopper top popped out of the glue bottle and a huge glob of glue landed on the front blue paper. Luckily I got it off with hardly any bad effects. I did have to add a few punched paper flowers to cover a few spots but that will be our little secret! With the placement of a few little decorations the disaster was diverted. Now if we could just fix all the problems of the world with glitter and paper flowers that would be a blessing.