Tuesday, June 03, 2008

My Post for Monday June 2, 2008

What I did Monday 6-02-08 instead of taking a picture to post---
I got the kids off to school , their last day is tomorrow but it's just a party day and they get out 2 hours early. Today I did some laundry, changed sheets, went to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned all by 11:25 a.m. On the way home I stopped and got fruit for the fruit salad that I am making for Paige's class party. I came home and put the kool aide drinks in the ice chest for Megan's party. After the kids got off the bus I made some cilantro salsa for the fish tacos, and I made some radish and green onion stuff to put on them. After that I mowed the lawn--front back and sides. It took an hour and a half that included a few quick stops to drink some water and to tell Megan to clean up her chalk mess on the sidewalk.

I may not have any fresh pictures...but not to worry I do have these from last week that never got posted.
I got this hanging Fuchsia basket at Anderson's it was a steal for seven dollars. The other day I had it down to water it and as I was hanging it back up I heard a humming sound. It was a humming bird checking out the blooms. I couldn't believe it would fly up to the plant as I was holding it.
The first rose popped open, there are about a bezillion buds to follow.
I planted a flat of Dianthus, it's a nice pop of color around the white shrub roses.
There is a bud on one of the Cana's that my Grandma sent from California. I planted them in a large plastic planter and in the fall I cut them back and Mike hauls them down to the basement for the winter. Come spring they come back up and start growing again. Mine are always the biggest and best in the neighborhood because of our "head start program" .
Rowdy was on the porch waiting to go back inside for one of his many siestas.
I found these two little bunnies hiding in the grape hyacinths. Don't tell the dogs. Not that the bunnies would be in danger, those little bunnies are fast. They would be hopping into a new hiding place before my dogs could take three steps toward them.
Speaking of dogs, Rebel was peaking over the wall while I was photographing the bunnies.
The Salvia are in bloom, we have had some little orange butterflies landing on them.
We have the fountain filled and plugged in so summer must be on the way.

No comments: