Thursday, June 12, 2008

Tuesday night we ate dinner out on the back patio. After overnight/early morning thunderstorms there was a nice breeze and a break from the 90+ degree temps. The kids begged me to take them swimming. I agreed on the condition that I did not have to swim with them...only watch and that there would be no fussing when it was time to go home and get cleaned up for bed. Agreed ....so they raced upstairs to suit up while I put the dinner dishes and leftovers away.

On the way to the pool Paige said "going to the pool is like having a surprise play date, because there is always some of your friends there to play with".

Sure enough Cameron, Jordan and Lauren were there. After they left the girls played with Libby, another friend from school. I was surprised that they were getting out to jump off the diving board and go down the slide. It was a little chilly for me sitting in the shade as the sun went down. I am sure they were shivering, but they would not admit to it. It did make it easier to get them home and into a warm bath.
B.F.F. & S.B. (Megan and Cameron)
Best Friends Forever & Swim Buddies

No comments: