Monday, November 24, 2008

My post for Sunday, 11-23-08
The first dress rehearsal for Nutty Nutcracker was today from 2 to 5:30. The girls were hungry and tired when they got home. They had fun watching the other girls dance in their costumes, too. Paige's favorite dance is the "Robot dolls" and Megan enjoyed the "African dolls".
My favorite's are the "Spanish Dolls" and "Jesters", of course!


It was easy to get Paige ready since her teacher made the costumes and they stay at the studio we just had to put her hair in a bun and she wears her pink tights and black leotard and brings her ballet shoes. Pretty easy! The hardest part (no pun intended) is parting her hair on the left side, it parts naturally on the right and puts up a fight when parted on the left. She gets it wet, I slick it with hair gel then after it's done I spray the heck out of it with good ol Aqua Net.




Megan's little outfit took a little bit extra time to get ready. I had to stuff her hat with tissue so it wouldn't get "a flat". I also had to resew one of her pom poms it was about to come off and it was not on straight to begin with. I also had to sew her tutu to her leotard (this has to be done while the child is wearing the costume) and I tacked the points with the pom poms down to the tutu soe they would not be flipping around during the dance. I must of done good because they used Megan's costume as an example to the other moms of how to get it all done.

No comments: