Saturday, September 29, 2007


Mike and I are in the process of giving our bedroom a complete makeover. While we were down in Georgia this summer we got some beautiful Haverty's furniture at a warehouse sale. It started with a king size sleigh bed and two nightstands, then Barb and Jim found us the dresser a few weeks ago. They brought up the bed and dresser last weekend. The nightstands will make it up on the next trip. We still need to purchase a new mattress since the bed we have now is a soft sided waterbed queen size mattress (no headboard...just a bed). So our inspiration for our colors are coming from these framed prints and postcards that we got while we were in Grand Cayman Island for our honeymoon (11 years ago). We chose a light blue/turquoise quilted bed spread and a taupe colored duvet cover with a mushroom colored swirl pattern. They are from Field Crest at Target. I figure in the winter we will have the duvet on the bed and we can put the quilted bed spread on top for added warmth but have it across the foot of the bed during the day and then in summer do the reverse. I wanted to get something that did not have an overpowering pattern that we may get tired of. I will post more pictures when the room comes together. That may take a few weeks...I want to paint before we get the bed up...don't want to have to move a king size sleigh bed to paint. These pictures are the inspiration of our makeover.
Here is the bedding we have so far. I just love the color and texture of the small basket weave throw pillow. I also love the blue/turquoise quilt it is so cozy and such a calming color. Can you see the paint chips I have tucked into it. I want to paint the wall behind the bed a brown or taupe color and then the rest of the walls a pale blue/turquoies. The color I am leaning towards at the moment is called "tropical breeze"...now if that is not perfect than I don't know what is?

Our new dresser...it's a big one. The bed is leaning up against the wall covered in quilted blankets so no pictures of that today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the colors that you have selected for the bedroom. They will look fantastic with the new furniture. Good luck with the paint color. Love ya all, Mom