Thursday, September 06, 2007

My post for today 9-06-07....yeah I am all caught up!After the kids got on the school bus I got the hose out and watered all the flowers and trees. It is gonna be a hot one today...mid 90's. After I was done I saw this Monarch so I had to run and grab the camera. Do you ever wonder just how these little delicate creatures find their way back to Mexico (and some to Monterey, CA) to spend their winter before laying their eggs in the Spring. Paige has a book about it but it still seems unbelievable. Especially when you see them bobbing and weaving in the air, they look like they have no flight plan. I always wince when I see one coming towards my car when I am driving. I would hate to think the darn thing made it all the way to OH to end up smashing into the side of a minivan.

1 comment:

JustMeShann said...

What a beautiful picture Sis... and Mikes is awesome too... You have a great camera and eye... Thanks for sharing... Hope your feeling better :) Love Shann