Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I plant Cosmos because they remind me of my sister. The year before I moved to Ohio back when I was 23. My sister and I started planting flowers in her backyard, that was the year I bought her a birdbath for her birthday. I don't remember all the flowers we planted, but I do remember that we had cosmos. They are happy delicate flowers.


My post for Tuesday August 19,2008

We put some humming bird feeders up this Spring. At first we were thrilled when we got a glimpse of a hummer at our feeders two or three times a week. Well the flowers are in full bloom and word must have spread in the hummer community because now it is non stop hummer traffic. They are very bold, and will zoom right past your head. I took theses two photo's with Paige's little point and shoot Kodak and pointing through the kitchen window. Not too bad under the circumstances.


I took the photo below while sitting on the patio. Give it a click for a close up.

Even the butterflies and bees are enthralled with our zinnia's. Paige and I gathered the seeds last fall from ones I had planted in the front yard. Then early this Spring I tossed them in the bed next to the patio before I put the mulch down. They are thriving and attracting all sorts of wildlife. The hummer's love them also.

No comments: