Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Post for Saturday 8-16-08

We were all up early on Saturday. Mike had to get to the baseball diamonds at the park across the river. He was playing in the "1st Annual Haunted CuldeSac Softball Tournament". They raised over sixteen hundred dollars for "Firefighters 4 Kids". They also drank a lot of beer and had a lot of fun, so I hear. I had to work all day and Paige and Megan were invited over to Brittany's to play all day. It all worked out well. When I got home I did a little crafting for Megan's best friend Cameron's 7th birthday.
You may click on the photo's for a close up.
I made the birthday card above, I sort of stole the birthday cake idea from my sister, and she probably stole it from Stephanie at www.papergarden.com
Then I made a "C" for Cameron, I added a few sparkles to it just for fun!
I picked up this cute little notebook at "Hobby Lobby" for two bucks, then I fancied it up with rub on letters, scraps of ribbon and some sparkles and glitter. Everything's better when it sparkles!
Then I made this little picture mobile to hang from the ceiling, it is double sided. I used 3 pages from a flower chip board album. I had to punch a few extra holes so I could hang it in a row. I covered the flowers with fun paper, added the pictures, a few embellishments and lots of ribbon and that was it. Megan loves it and has requested one for her room. I have to give my sister some credit, since she gave me the idea for this project. She bought me some chipboard albums while she was here in Feb. and told me they make cute wall hangings. So thanks Sis!


This is the whole front side, please ignore my feet in the picture. I have no idea how that happened.

Megan and Cameron have been the best of friends since they were two. Their older sister's met at kindergarten registration. When Paige and Jordan started kindergarten Megan and Cameron were lost without their big sisters to play with. That is when Gayle and I started getting these two together about once a week for play dates. The rest is history, they have been B.F.F.'s ever since. They are sweet little girls, they have very similar taste and temperaments. Oh, and they take the cutest pictures together too! Like two little peas in a pod.
Here is the other sides, and my darn feet again!

No comments: