Saturday, August 02, 2008

Zinnia's proof that you reap what you harvest. Last year at the end of summer, start of autumn Paige and I harvested seeds from our zinnia's and marigolds out front. We scattered some of the zinnia seeds in the flower bed on the western edge of our patio. We returned from vacation to find happy zinnia's blooming in the sun.
Have you ever had a feeling of being watched as you go about your normal every day routine. As I was making my way out to gather some thyme for our potato's last night I found this guy-gal giving me the eye. I quickly ran to grab the camera, after getting a few shots I let the kids come take a look at it. They even asked to go sit on the step so they could get a better look. I said sure, I knew the little gardner snake would be more likely to make a run er slither for it than anything else. They watched it slither along the wall behind the flower pots. It acted like it was going to go down to the grass, but then it turned went back along the wall and then hid out in the little firewood pile in the corner.


Here are a few of our other wild critters, Paige and Megan after a day at the pool.
When Mike got home he found this little tree frog in our fountain. Click on the photo to enlarge.

No comments: