Friday, August 22, 2008

My post for Thursday 8-21-08


The first day of school went fine. The bus was a little late getting home, but that was expected...they have to make sure everyone is on the bus. They don't want to forget any body on the first day. The girls have the same bus and same bus driver. Miss. Deb is very nice, she always waves to me and the dogs, even when she's on her other (Jr. high and High school) routes here in the neighborhood.

When the girls got home after school yesterday I gave them a snack and took them to the pool to cool off. They did not have homework on the first day back. Megan said "Mrs. Harden says it's still summer so no homework this week!". I told Megan to tell Mrs. Harden that she went swimming for homework. Paige even taught Megan how to do the butterfly stroke. Megan was doing pretty good. After a while I told her to practice her backstroke I didn't want her wearing herself out.

I think the doggy boys miss Paige and Megan during the day. The house is so quiet. Rebel likes to spend his mornings on the back porch soaking in the sun and watching the humming birds buzz about.

No comments: